Tips And Treats
Tips to Get Website Visitors
If you are an affiliate or a webmaster, you probably now how difficult is to get targeted visitors to your site. You must advertise your site and get your site indexed in major search engines. You must put attractive and interactive articles, graphics on your site to make your site popular.
Last Updated - 1st December 2005
But how to get those visitors?
In this article you will learn how to do it the right way.
If you have done these steps you can continue to the next step.
- Categorize your website: What is your site category? Is it a financial site, an online store or other?
- Write your site description: What is your site content? What is your site main goal?
- Write the keywords of your site: For example if it's a financial site the keywords should be: stocks, shares, financial services, stock charts etc.
Now you know your site, but you want that search engines know your site too.
How to do this?
Optimize your site to search engines! This is a very important thing, because search engines use this information when they indexing your site.
- Add description tag to your site: Use <meta name="description" content="Here is the description">.Now it's important what you write here because this text will appear in search engines.
- Put keywords tag: This will tell the search engine what is your site content. An example for a financial site: <meta name="keywords" content="stock, stock price, real time trading">.
- Optimize the <title> tag: Create the title using your keywords in it. Replace the ands with "|". For example: if the old title was "stocks and shares and stock prices" the new title should be "stocks | shares | stock prices".
- Add <h1> tags: The "<h1>" header tag should be as far towards the top of the page as possible. When a search engine reads a webpage, it views the text from the top left hand side of the page to the bottom right hand side of the page. So, it's best to place your "<h1>" header tag on the top of your page. You can think of an "<h1>" header tag as a title for whatever content you have on your page. Let's take an example: <h1>Best stock charting services, real time trading. </h1>Don't forget to include the main keyword in the header tag.
- Add <h2> tags to your site: This can be thought of as a sub heading for our webpage. You should place your 2nd most important keyword in the "<h2>" header tag. The "<h2>" tag should be placed somewhere towards the top half of your webpage.
- Use alt tags with your keywords: Every image on your site has an alt tag. The alt tag appears when the mouse is over an image. All you have to do is write a few tings in the alt tag using your keywords.
You need visitors who are interested in these things.
How to get these visitors?
Let's see a few examples:
- Index your site in the major search engines! Index your site in popular search engines like Google, MSN, Lycos, AllTheWeb and more.
- Submit your link to web pages! You should sumbit your link to web pages to increase your search engines ranking. Search engine ranking is how search engines think your site is important. If search engines see your links on other sites they think your site is more important, so you get higher ranking. With higher ranking you will be on the top of the results page.
- Submit your site to online directories! This can increase search engine ranking too. You should submit your link to popular directories like Yahoo. I know it's not free, but it's effective.
- Other ways: You can use other ways to advertise your site and get visitors. You can use mail lists, safe lists and more.
What to don't do?
- Don't send spams!
- Don't submit your links to FFA sites!
- Don't submit your link to link farms!
Disclaimer: The Website Visitors Tips / Information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Tips And Treats . com and/or its partners.
© Tips And Treats. An Information Based Website (2005-2018)