Tips And Treats
Vacation Pet Care Tips
Traveling is stressful for pets, but sometimes it cannot be avoided. You need to take extra care of your pet to minimize the stress and make your pet as comfortable as possible.
Here we have chalked out a few tips that would definitely help you make your Pet's Travel a comfortable trip.
Last Updated - 17th November 2005
Traveling with your Pet
- Use a pet carrier the appropriate size for your pet.
- Avoid wicker pet carriers, as they are drafty.
- Line carriers with newspaper and place a blanket or towel on the bottom.
- In hot weather, place a cool, damp cloth on top of the carrier.
- If your pet is unaccustomed to being in the car, take it on short drives before you leave.
- If your pet is a particularly anxious traveler, ask your vet to prescribe a tranquilizer.
Leaving the Pet Behind
- Supply friend or kennel with your pet's regular bedding, topys and dishes to make it more secure.
- Give the caretaker the name and phone number of your vet in case of an emergency.
- If leaving your pet in a kennel, be sure it has all its vaccinations or it will not be accepted.
- To avoid escaping, fasten the door with twist ties for extra insurance to locks and wrap bungee cords around the case.
- Do not ship your pet in a wicker or cardboard case as it it not sturdy enough.
- Place a blanket with your scent on it in the case.
- If you can remove the top of the pet carrier, let your pet use it as a bed for a few days before traveling so the pet doesn't feel as threatened.
Disclaimer: The Vacation Pet Care Tips / Information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Tips And Treats . com and/or its partners.
© Tips And Treats. An Information Based Website (2005-2017)