Tips And Treats
Vaastu Shastra Tips
Vaastu is the science of space, designed to maximize the benefits of nature, e.g.. Natural lighting, wind, etc.
Vaastu is another form of Architecture and It's origin is traced to India, the celestial architect Vishwakarman. It harmonizes the forces of nature and brings peace and prosperity to the dwellers.
Last Updated - 20th September 2005
- Planting a Pomegranate tree in an empty site creates the capacity to build a house there. It also brings wealth and strength.
- The dimensions of plots should always be in the ratio 1:1 or 1:1.5 it should never be more than 2:1.
- The length and breath of the entrance gate must be 1:2 ratio with that of the main door.
- Ensure the doors and windows are opposite each other for better light and ventilation
- The Main doors of two houses should never be exactly opposite each other.
Study Room or Prayer Room
- The Period from 3 am to 6 am the sun is in the Northeast of the house. This time is good for prayers, study and yoga.
- Northeast is the most important place in the building, it should be left vacant or used only as a prayer or study room.
- If the Northeast portion is kept open and vacant the occupants will live in harmony.
- Between 6 am and 9 am the sun is to the East of the House. During this time the beneficial ultra violet rays enter the house. It is good for preparing for the day's work thus the bathroom, wardrobe and dressing table is recommended in the Southwest.
- The time between 12 PM and 3 PM is time to rest at this time the sun will be to the South and it is best to have the bedroom there.
- The time from 9 am to 12 PM is when the sun is to the Southeast of the house. It is good for kitchens since the kitchen is mostly wet, locating it in this direction keeps it hygienic.
- Kitchen should be located in the Southeast Corner.
- Ensure that the Gas Stove is placed in the Southeast Corner and you face the East while Cooking
- The the best direction for a parking facility is the Northwest.
- Park Heavy Vehicles in the South part of the parking areas.
- Vehicles parked should face East or North.
- A Cellar should never be in the Southwest corner
- Pictures of fruits, flowers, water bodies and blossoming trees are symbols of vitality and are best hung on Eastern or Northern walls
- Pictures of weapons, thorny trees, desert and dark gloomy pictures are not recommended for homes.
- Place Heavy Objects such as television, cupboards etc. in the South or West parts of the house.
- Water Containers should be placed in the north east corner of the Room.
- The Stove or Oven should be kept in the Southeast part of the house.
- Never keep the Southwest corner of a cabin or room empty and vacant.
- Never sit with your back to the door
- Sit facing east or North while working on a computer.
- Place a computer or typewriter in the Southeast or Northwest corner.
- Place a rising portrait like one of a mountain or some flying cranes behind the seat. This brings in stability.
- Never sit under a beam
- Always try to sit in the Southwest corner of a cabin facing North or East.
- A wall behind the seat gives you a feeling of security
- Sitting with the back towards the door or a window leads to misunderstandings. However, this can be avoided by keeping the door or window closed
Disclaimer: The Vaastu Shastra Tips / Information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Tips And Treats . com and/or its partners.
© Tips And Treats. An Information Based Website (2005-2018)