Tips And Treats
Tips To Succeed In An Interview
How to attend an interview and how to succeed in it? Is the most important question of every graduate. To them there are some useful tips which will surely guide them in a right path to succeed in their career and to lead a happy life.
Last Updated -12th December 2005
Basic Needs For Success:
- We cant spell success with out you (u).
- Be friendly not a friend.
- Stop pulling peoples leg.
- Simplicity is the mark of success-earn respect by being simple.
Stages Of Life:-
Dependent -> independent ->interdependent
Winning proportion :-
- Knowledge 96%
- Skills - 82%
- Attitude - 100%
- Never say NO (or) NOT POSSIBLE
- Acceptance of self feel good about self
- Do not feel inferior
- Desire for more logically
- Make use of present opportunity
- Plan the future
- Live the present
- Never cry about the past
- Should have the sense of gratitude over educational institutions
Positive Attitude :
- Start looking at good things at all situations looking at positive side
- Get in to the habit of complementing
- Stay away from negative influences
- Start your day with a positive five minutes
Communication Skills :
- Non verbal:
- Body language 55%
- Voice - 38%
- Words - 7%
- Light shirts (thin stripes) & dark pants or dark shirts & light pants
- Leather shoes & colored socks (elastic must)
- Belt colored same as shoes
- Tie optional ( but up to the buckles )
- Broadened printed ties
- Small comb must always be in the pocket
- Hygiene factor:
- Bath daily
- Hair cut
- Shave daily
- Nail cut
- Body language:
- Maintain inter personal space ( 1 arm distance)
- No body contacts only shake hands
- Shoulders should be parallel to ground
- Maintain eye contact light house approach in gathered addressing
- Avoid arm folding keep a pen in hand, use hands to express
- Have a smile while u speak
- Need to be involved in the conversation
- Showing evidence of listening
- Varying tones
- Give some pauses while u speak
- Volume emphasis (audible)
- Soft lack of confidence
- Phase constant
- How to use courtesy words. E.g. Please, thank u, sorry, excuse me etc..
- Avoid negative words - No, not possible, instead u can use let me check, let me see, let me try, Can we discuss it later etc..
- Listening courtesy:
- Node the head
- Facial expressions
- Questions on the topics
Very Important Interview Questions:
- Tell me something about your self
- Name, place, family, self interest
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- My strengths are ---------
- The areas I have to improve are ------------
- What do you know about our company?
- Tell me something about your project
- What are your salary expectations?
- Do you have any questions?
- Why should we hire you?
Disclaimer: The Tips To Succeed In An Interveiw / Information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Tips And Treats . com and/or its partners.
© Tips And Treats. An Information Based Website (2005-2018)