Tips And Treats
Sales Letter Tips
Sales letter is so important for your business. It may mean the difference between profit and loss.
You must do all in your power to master the art of writing powerful sales letter that will see to it that you make the profit you desire.
Last Updated - 12th October 2005
- Write Sales Letter with an individual in mind - People love to be treated as you personally more than they love to be treated as one of the many I am trying to reach.
- Know exactly whom you are writing for - Have in your mind a clear picture of the target you would like to hit with your arrow of persuasion. This will enable you to write persuasive Sales Letter that your target can respond to.
- Create an interest in the reader from the beginning - Make your sales letter interesting from the first line, otherwise your sales letter or copy will not get read. The first line should immediately create a desire in the reader to want to know more. More attention should be paid to the beginning of the sales letter or copy than to any other part of the body. Your introductory paragraph must have sufficient impact to attract your reader and persuade him to read further. Dont think people owe it to you to read whatever you write. Interest them right from the beginning or your letter ends up unread.
- Answer the Whats-in-it-for-me question quickly What's In It For Me? is the only question on every one of your readers' minds! Every reader is silently looking for what he can get, have, be or do. He has no interest in your degrees, your achievements, your companys accreditation and how your company is leading the world in its field. They need to know immediately what's in it for them. Dont let them hover uncertainly. Make it plain fairly quickly what they want to know.
- Make your Sales Letter personal - Your Sales Letter must be written about your customer not yourself. The word 'you' and your should be used in your copy 5 times more than 'I' and my. Your customer is not interested in your I can do this and I can do that. He is only interested in himself, his wants and needs. So tell him about himself, his wants and needs.
- Use paragraphs reasonably - A sales letter or advertisement copy with solid text is hard to read. And hard to read copy does not make money! You know why? People will not exert much effort to read copy that strain their eyes and make their head hurt. Use short paragraphs that lead into the next paragraph. Longer paragraphs cause eye strain and often force the reader to get distracted.
- Use words suitably - A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold. Nothing can be more true than this biblical adage. So, use words suitably.Another biblical saying that is also very true in sales letter and advertisement writing is, By thy words thou shalt be justified and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. Whether you succeed in persuading your reader to buy your product or service depends a lot on your words and the use you make of them. Choice of words is the beginning of eloquence. Good writers are people whose writing glows with words neatly picked, carefully chosen, choice and apt, all merging into one sensible, well-understood message that persuades the reader to take action NOW! Dont choose words carelessly. With its enormous vocabulary, English offers a range of words for what appears to be a single meaning. But it is rare for two words to have exactly the same meaning. You must learn to choose the word that best say what you want to say the only one word that is at the same time the suitable, possible and harmonious. Use exciting words, powerful nouns, enchanting verbs, magnetizing adverbs and magic adjectives to cloak the appeal in attractive form. Advertising experts have observed that certain words have magnetic power that draws the readers attention to your advertisement. Certain words, when combined together, literally draw the readers eyes to your ad...eg.. You, Ultimate, Free, Master, Power, Discovery, Easy, Guaranteed, Love, Money, New, Scientific, Proven, Results, Incredible, discover, Breakthrough, Secret, Private, Cash, Shocked, Shocking, Revealed, Uncovered, Hidden, Profit, Inside. Power words, like those above, are already implanted deeply in the minds of all your readers simply because of what the words mean.
- Use a bulleted list to itemize the benefit of your product or service, making it very clear what the reader gets. Remember the rule of whats in it for me? The reader is only concerned with how he is going to profit by reading what you say. Benefit lists help you to make it plain fairly quickly what they want to know. Review your product in detail, dig out every possible benefit your readers would get from it and write them all down!
- Be Honest - You should beware of what is called the oversell in advertising jargon, deceit in common language. Dont make false claims. This new marketing strategy is guaranteed to fetch you $150,000 in one week! But it hasnt fetched you $50,000 in one month!!! You must not deceive the public. You may fool some of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time Be believable. Don't make outrageous claims that are obviously not the truth. "Earn $732,000 in one month!!!!!" Good Lord! Who is this cheating smart guy think I am an ass or a silly cretin? Delete and unsubscribe!
- Be specific Don't generalize your information - Be specific, clear and direct. Spell it out specifically. Instead of "you can make money every week on the internet using our internet business ideas" write "you can make $10,500 every week on the internet, using our internet business ideas." When you use specific information, you help the reader to know exactly what he can expect and you make him feel you are thorough, that you know what you are talking about. Generalizing information creates doubt and questions in the reader's mind. "What am I really getting here? Does he even know?"
- Use mesmerizing, hard-to-ignore, powerful headlines - The power and importance of headlines cannot be overstated. Your headline has the power to draw the reader into the rest of your letter just as your headline has the power to get the reader to drop your sales letter after glancing at it. Headlines attract the readers attention. Headline helps to concentrate the readers attention on your sales letter or ads copy. Your sales letter or advertisement copy may be a model of advertisement writings, but if your headline doesn't capture your reader, the sales letter will never get read. 80% of the power and effectiveness of your ad is in the headline you choose. Headlines on ads are like headlines on news items. There is hardly a person who reads all the words in a newspaper. We pick out what we wish to read by headlines. Don't think that people will read your sales letter or advertisement copy to find out if your product interests. They will decide at a glance - by your headline.
- Types of Headlines For Sales Letter
- The NEWS Headline - Ex Garbage Collector Makes $350,495 a year on the internet This type of headlines arouse the readers curiosity. Wonderful! he says to himself. How does he accomplish such a feat? Could I do it too? And, so, he goes on to read, wanting to know how achievers of great deeds do it and learn how to emulate them.
- The Question Headline - Would you like to know how you can honestly make $100,000 part-time by the end of a year? Who wouldnt, except the few who have more than enough to bother themselves about making more money?
- The Actual Headlines - The Secret of Making People Like You. This headline is successful because it is direct and strikes directly at a need virtually everyone has. The Power Word 'secret' and like or love attracts attention.
- The How To Headline - "How to Write Articles That Sell" How to make $450 Daily With Your Computer The how-to headline creates a desire to read more. People love to learn to do profitable things.
- ThePersonal Story Headline - "How I Made A Fortune With A "Fools Idea" People love personal stories. And this headline creates immense curiosity..... How did you make a fortune with a fools idea?....could I do it too?...
- Sub-headlines - Break up your copy with sub-headlines or sub-titles! Many people skim over page after page fast. They do it even faster on the Internet. Sub-headlines catch the 'skimmers' and draw them into the body of your sales letter or copy. When the readers attentions are wandering, sub-headlines re-grab their attention, bring them deeper into the letter, and prepare them for the next paragraph.
- Make your readers act now - Move your reader to action by using command words. At the end of your sales letter or copy, make a call to action: ACT NOW ORDER TODAY PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL NOW! DO IT NOW! TAKE ACTION TODAY! When you give your reader the command to act now or order now or take action now you help give him the impulse to do just that.
Disclaimer: The Sales Letter Tips / Information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Tips And Treats . com and/or its partners.
© Tips And Treats. An Information Based Website (2005-2017)