Tips And Treats
Laptop Safety Tips
Many users of computers, specially those who travel for business, trust in Laptops and PDAs because they are small and easy to transport.
But while these characteristics make them popular and suitable, they can be ideal for thieves. Make sure that your Laptop is secure along with the information that it contains.
Last Updated - 12th October 2005
How to Keep Your Laptop Secure?
- Use protection with password in your laptop. Secure it with password to initiated session.
- Take your laptop or PDA with you all the time.
- When you travels, take your laptop with you.
- If you are present at a conference or business fair, be specially careful. These events offer to the thieves a wide range of devices that probably have sensitive information, and the meetings conferences offer big possibilities to accede to the guests rooms.
- Don't use your Laptop if it is not necessary.
- Avoid using Laptops in public areas, and consider rucksacks or non traditional portfolios to load your laptop.
- Consider an alarm or key. Many companies sell alarms or keys that you can use to protect your Laptop.
Laptop Safety Tips
- Always keep Laptops off floor - While on the floor laptops are easily stepped on, pets tend to use them for toys and small children will play with them.
- Always use a surge protector - A power surge can happen at anytime, anywhere and ultimately destroy your laptop.
- Don't keep paper work in between screen and keypad - Paper can scratch the screen leaving a costly bill to have it replaced.
- Never leave your laptop in a cold environment - When you bring your laptop into a warm place condensation will form and may cause electrical shocks throughout your laptop. Also if you turn it on while it's still cold this can lead to overloading.
- Don't place your laptop on soft surfaces - This will block off air vents and overheat your laptop.
- Don't drop it while your carrying it - A good leather case with separate compartments is the safest way to carry your laptop. Make sure the case has separate compartments for add-ons this will avoid scratches over your laptop.
- Never drink coffee or any liquid around your laptop - It has been proven that laptops don't like liquids
- Never try to fix your laptop yourself - Laptops have many small parts that can easily be broken, misplaced and shocked. Leave it to the professionals, leave it to Laptop Repairs!
What can I do if my laptop gets lost or is stolen?
Report the loss or the theft to the pertinent authorities. The above mentioned actions can include legal representatives of specializing organizations, as well as of the personnel of the hotel or conference. If your equipment contains sensitive information for your company or information of the accounts of the clients, report immediately the loss or the steal to your organization in order that they could answer rapidly.
Disclaimer: The Laptop Safety Tips / Information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Tips And Treats . com and/or its partners.
© Tips And Treats. An Information Based Website (2005-2018)