Tips And Treats
Internet Marketing Tips
If you have a Website and need Site Traffic or Repeat Visitors you need to focus your energies on promoting your Web Site. This is easier said then done. With billions of websites on the net chances of people visiting your website are bleak unless your promotional campaigns are effective.
Here we have laid out simple and effective tips that you can follow to generate the ever elusive Traffic to your Website.
Last Updated - 29th September 2005
- Search Engines - One of the Most Important Places to focus your Energies for long term traffic generation is Search Engines.
- Pay Per Click Search Engines - PPC has revolutionazied the way Internet Marketing is done. With this you can Reach out to 1,000s of prospects in no time.
- P2C Programs - These Programs have some Members who are looking for good opportunities. By Promoting your Site at these Programs you can get a good number of hits for cheap.
- Safe Lists - A Safe list is a list of e-mail addresses of people who join and agree to receive and send e-mails to Each Other. There are a lot of Free Safelists Programs out there. Join a Few of them and Submit Your Links. Each Safelist, worth its salt, has a minimum of 10,000 Members who you could Mail too without problems of SPAM, as all these members are Optin Members. You could Generate A Good Amount of Traffic through these Safelists.
- Optin List - Check Out Ebay Listing for Optin Lists.
You could Bid for these Lists and sometimes win 1 - 10 Million E-mail Optin Lists for as low as $5.
- Website - If you have your own Website / Linked Page etc. SignUp with other websites that are offering Banner Exchange / Pop Up Exchange.
- Free For All Pages - Popularly known as FFA Pages. You could post your links to the numerous FFA's available on the net.
- Forum Postings - The quickest way to drive traffic to your site is to find Forums on sites with content related to your own site, and post to them. This is not spam! What you should do is find busy forums related to the site you are promoting, read a few posts and single out one you can offer useful advice on. Then sign up to the forum, post your advice. Then find the appropriate section to post write ups about the site you are promoting. All the time signing off with the site url. Its simply good etiquette to give before you take and it will avoid you being accused of spamming the forum. Apart from attracting visitors to your site. The other benefit to this of course is that forums get indexed by the search engines and your url will be picked up.
- Write Articles - Write articles based upon your site content or that add value to your site content.
- Reciprocal Links - A good link exchange campaign can result in a significant boost to your search engine rankings on Google and now a number of other search engines take these links into account.
- Press Release - You Need to Publisize your Site. What better way than sending a Press Release to all the Major broadcasters and publications relevant to your site.
- Online Games / Chat Sites Or Forums / Signature - Whenever you are online you should be thinking of ways to promote your site.
- Auto Surf Programs - There are many ways to drive traffic to your site. One of the best and fastest growing techniques is called Traffic Exchange. In this technique you generate hits for another web site, or sites, and your web site will receive hits from others.
- Off-line promotion - Have you even thought of advertising off-line?
More than likely there will be a cost involved somewhere, but this needn't be to high. Here briefly are a few ideas. Some of them take a leaf from the guerrilla
marketers book. Business cards, tried and tested.
With today's inkjet printer technology you can produce these yourself to a very high standard that would be indistinguishable from a professional print shop version. Car decals or magnetic signs Decals are the clear plastic strips with writing over them that you see across the windscreen or rear windscreen of some cars. Its very cheap to have them made up with your site url and a brief description of what the site is about. Keep it simple. If you use your car a lot you could send a fare bit of traffic to your site. Remember to keep in mind the legibility of the url. If its long it may be an idea to have a slight space between the words. The magnetic signs are essentially the same but differ in the respect that they stick to the side of your car and can be removed whenever you choose, or moved from vehicle to vehicle. Can, again, be produced very cheaply utilizing your own printer. But if you intend to produce a large number then it would be wise to pay a professional printer to produce them for you. The cheapest option begins with just black ink on coloured paper, the coloured paper is the cheapest way to introduce colour. The most expensive option is full colour on glossy card. With the rise in quality of home inkjet printers the print shops, in trying to keep their customer base, have become very competitively priced.
- 'Post it' notes - You can have your own message printed onto 'post it' notes very cheaply. Keep the url bold and the message simple as before. The real benefit here is what you do with the 'post its'. Treat them as individual mini flyers and post them were ever people gather, at parking meters, at cash machines, bus shelters even on car windscreens. These are so easily and cheaply produced you can have hundreds of them made up. Since they're sticky they don't easily get caught in the wind and blow away, but they're easily removed if somebody wants to keep them as a reminder to check out your site.
- Stencils - This is rather radical but could be very effective. Create a template out of card with your url and a very simple message. You will use this template with chalk in a can, this works like spray paint but washes away very easily. As for the post it notes, 'spray' your url where ever people gather. Maybe add 'post it' notes to the equation and post them near by.
Disclaimer: The Internet Marketing Tips / Information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Tips And Treats . com and/or its partners.
© Tips And Treats. An Information Based Website (2005-2017)