Tips And Treats
Fashion is more than just super models trotting down runways in Paris, it is also real girls deciding what to wear for school, work or even a hot date.
We offer lots of tips about fashion on this Page
Last Updated - 27th September 2005
General Fashion Tips
- If you wear bright colors, it brightens up your face to make you look gorgeous. It makes people really take a look at you, and it makes you feel fun.
- It's no secret that leather is one on the hottest items! But, if you are going to wear leather, vinyl, leather, or any other form of shiny pants, they MUST BE TIGHT!!! Leather was not meant for sagging, leave that job to your jeans!!
- Short skirts and sexy but casual (short) dresses are a good match. Black clothing also takes off pounds. Capris, flares and tube tops are also a good match if you aren't into the whole skirts and dresses thing
- Never wear gold and silver jewelry together, they really clash with one another. Oh and remember, too many accessories will clutter an outfit!
- Do not wear see-through shirts with either nothing, or a fancy bra underneath. Better yet, do not wear see-through shirts at all unless they are cover-ups at the beach or you find yourself on the corner of the nearest street. They look sleazy and are not in fashion at all.
- Having a full figure does not mean that one is overweight. In fact, full figures are generally more attractive than little anorexic bodies. However, if you have a full figure, wearing clothing in SMALL sizes is not going to make you look more trim. People have the idea that tight, stretchy clothing can "shrink" one's figure, making them look smaller than they actually are. This is not true. It actually accentuates each and every single curve in your body, including those that you frequently try to hide. It is important to be very aware of your body shape, and to find clothes that accentuate the best features of your figure, while also camouflaging those characteristics about your body that you are not completely satisfied with. (EXAMPLE: Full-figured on top, slim and trim below the waist??? Wear bigger shirts with smaller jeans......no tight shirts or tube tops).
Buying the Best Jeans for your Body
Jeans are a staple in every woman's wardrobe, and most people practically live in them. Despite our love for this garment, choosing the right pair can be a nightmare. Use these tips to help you select the most flattering jeans for your body.
- The first and most basic rule of choosing jeans is very simple: stay away from tapered hems! No matter what size you wear, there is nothing flattering about straight leg. They only accentuate the width of your hips and thighs.
- Always go for a boot cut style, or better yet, a flare. The width of the hem balances out the width of your hips, giving you a curvy, sexy shape.
- For most body types, the ideal rise of a Jean is right below the belly button. This holds in any bulges, without accentuating them.
- If you have a stomach, low rise jeans aren't the answer. Your tummy will just hang over and it will create a rather unattractive bulge. On the same note, high waist jeans do not flatter a stomach either. They will only accentuate that area.
- A big mistake many curvy women make is to buy stretch denim. Stretch denim does not compliment a curvaceous backside, thighs or hips; it only draws more attention to these area. There is a simple reason why it does this; stretch denim is unforgiving and shows the natural shape of the body. Anything that isn't straight or proportionately curved, will appear as a bulge.
- Stick to a fabric with less give to it. These types molds the body into more of an ideal shape.
- 1% polyester is a good idea for comfort sake, but going over that isn't always a good idea.
- The wash and treatment of denim is also very important. Medium to dark washes will always make the body look leaner and trimmer.
- Look for denim with whiskering, which are those faded lines found on the upper thigh, are great for accentuating curves.
- A pair that are faded throughout the center of the leg also gives the legs a leaner look.
- Stay away from jeans without pockets on the back if you have a larger backside. If there is only fabric back there, people will only be focused on the size of your rear end
- Small pockets are not the answer for curvier women, but are great for girls with flat backsides. The reason is simple; people are used to pockets of a certain size, so when they see one's that are smaller they automatically assume they have been placed on a larger object.
- Women who are blessed with a backside should look for jeans that have regular sized pockets in the back, that aren't spaced too far apart. The pockets break up the area on the jeans and distract the eye.
- Many denim lines carry three types of fits: regular, slim and curvy fit. Just about everyone can wear a regular fit, but most of us fall into one or two categories. Decide which one you are, and choose either a slim or a curvy fit. Curvy fit is great for women because it hugs flattering curves, and is still comfortable.
- Squeezing yourself into a pair of slim fit jeans isn't going to feel great at the end of the evening. Besides, there is a risk of tearing the jeans or stretch lines appearing.
- For slim people, sticking to the slim fit is a great idea. There is no need to add excess width to your body.
- Its always a good idea to bring a pair of heels with you when trying on jeans, so you can see how they will look when you dress them up.
- If you do try them on bare foot make sure that the hem does not stop at the ankle; they should extend past the heel when you stand on your tip toes. Wearing jeans at this length gives your leg a longer, thinner and extremely flattering look.
- Shopping for jeans doesn't have to be a nightmare. It might take a while to find the perfect pair, but its definitely worth it. There's an overabundance of denim makers in the market, at this moment, which means there are tons of choices for us! Try on as many pairs from as many different designers as you can, because the perfect fit is definitely out there.
- Most importantly, love the shape of your figure because they will look amazing in the right pair of jeans!
Disclaimer: The Fashion Tips / Information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Tips And Treats . com and/or its partners.
© Tips And Treats. An Information Based Website (2005-2017)