Tips And Treats
Enhancing Personal Beauty is everyone's dream and tips on this are always sought after. For a woman of today the most important factor of life is Beauty.
We on this page have put together in valuable tips on Beauty Care, Skin Care, Anti-Aging, Hair Care, Eye Care, etc.
Last Updated - 6th January 2006
- Balanced Diets make you gorgeous. Diets rich in fruits, nuts, veggies, whole grains and fish, lead to smoother and younger looking skin, fewer wrinkles.
- Take a Walnut, powder it well, put a little almond oil for moisturizing, add one spoon of milk and a little rose water. Make a Paste of this. Spread the paste all over your Tanned Skin. Wash off after it is dry. Daily application will lighten your skin by 3 tones without any recourse to costly creams.
- A paste of dried orange peals powdered and added to two table spoons of curds is helpful in removing blemishes and scars.
- Cold Tea is a sparkling tonic for all types of skin. Pack the skin with cotton wool dipped in cold tea and leave it to dry, wash of after a while.
- Pure Mint juice is excellent for spots and blemishes on your face.
- Cucumber juice, Beet juice and Carrot mixed together is the best astringent for the face. Daily application prevent Pimples and Black Heads.
- Soak 5 to 6 freshly crushed cardamoms along with a couple of cinnamon sticks in a bottle oil, use this as massage or bath oil and you will not only have glowing skin but soft and fragnant also. This helps combat Dry Skin in winter.
- To Soften stubbornly Rough Skin mix thick carrot juice with melted honey and apply.
- To Lighten Complexion mix a spoon of cucumber, lime and carrot juices. Apply to face and wash after 15 minutes.
- A Great Skin Enhancer is saffron. Blend a few strands of saffron with any face pack. This is excellent for improving the complexion.
- To Clear Blemishes apply a little garlic juice on the spot. Keep for a few minutes and rinse well with water.
- To treat Tanned Skin, make a paste of a spoon of cucumber, a spoon of lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply on affected area and wash after 10 minutes.
- Bleach your Face with a mix of curd, oats and powdered almonds for a Natural Healthy Look.
- For an Instant Facelift. Mash 1/2 a ripe banana and add a spoon of milk to it and apply on your face.
- Left over salad can be utilized to make an anti pimple, anti wrinkle face pack. Boil pieces of cabbage, carrot, cucumber and raw papaya in a little water. Add more cucumber, if you have oily skin. Add a slice of apple to the boiled vegetables and grind to a paste. Apply this paste on your face and rinse after 20 minutes.
- An Excellent Natural Anti-Aging cream is a combination of milk cream and a pinch of turmeric.
- Papaya Juice is excellent for treating warts, corns or black heads.
- Grind coriander leaves into a fine paste and apply over face to get rid of acne and black heads.
- Natural exfoliator and after mask - Mix sea salt and coconut oil to form a paste and rub the paste over face. Rinse with warm water. Apply yogurt to areas of skin that have been exfoliated. This is suitable for all skin types.
- Instant shine Mask - Mix equal quantities of lemon juice and milk. Add One Egg yoke to this. Apply for 20 minutes on face and rinse.
- Apply sun screen all sun exposed areas and re apply every 3 hours for adequate sun protection.
- Mask for Acne - Make a paste of wheat bran, turmeric and milk. Apply on face every day for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- A pack made of 4-5 strawberries, a spoon of curd and one spoon of honey has a bleaching effect on the skin.
- Grapes brighten the complexion and exfoliate dead cells.
- Orange juice clears dark pigmentationand scars. The juice or pulp applied on thin skin opens clogged pores and allows the skin to breath.
- Wheat grass promotes skin cell regeneration, keeping your skin smooth, soft and radiant. It also has anti-aging.
- In case of skin pigmentation apply coconut oil mixed with freshly ground almond paste.
- Protect your skin from the sun with a block that screens both UVB and UVA light. Make sure your sunscreen contains both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. There is no perfect sunblock, but wearing any lotion with a SPF of 15 to 30 is still effective.
- Drinking plenty of water, adequate sleep, balanced diet, regular Exercise, and avoiding stress go a long way in maintaining beautiful skin.
- Treat seasonally dry sensitive skin with extra moisturization.
- Hot water can dehydrate the skin. Wash with lukewarm water instead of hot water.
- Limit showers and baths to five to ten minutes to avoid dehydration.
- Use your hands instead of a rough sponge or washcloth and pat your skin dry as rubbing too vigorously can irritate already-irritated dry skin.
- Apply moisturizer to your skin while it is still damp.
- Do not use harsh astringents that may irritate your skin.
- Do not use products with heavy fragrance as it may irritate your skin.Hair Care
- A diet which contains dry fruits, milk products, salads, fresh fruits and lentils are essential for good hair texture and growth.
- A mixture of almond oil, olive oil and castrol oil in equal proportions acts as an excellent hair tonic.
- The regular use of herbs such as henna, hibiscus flower, alovera and sesame prevents pre mature greying and provide good color for the hair.
- Put pieces of fresh and young bamboo leaves in coconut oil. Keep until the oil turns to a light green color. Apply this oil for pre mature graying and obtain lustrous hair
- Lecithin granules and wheat germ are some of the most wholesome food for hair.
- Lime juice with mustard oil is an excellent cure for dandruff.
- Onion juice when massaged on the scalp acts as a wonderful anti dandruff agent.
- For lustrous and dandruff free hair apply a paste of fenugreek leaves and rinse off.
- In case of sever dandruff apply a mixture of beet juice, lime and neem on the scalp. Repeat every third day till dandruff disappears.
- An excellent hair pack is a mixture of olive oil, vinegar, coconut milk and chicken egg in equal proprotions. Apply this pack for 15 minutes and rinse.
- Make a powder of dry lemon rinds, orange peels and Pomegranate skin. Add Coconut oil to this and apply to your hair to prevent hair loss and obtain shinning hair.
- Oil your scalp near the roots of your hair regularly as this lubricates the skin. Oil penetrates through pours easily and being rich in protein content, it provides good nourishment. It increases the blood supply to the roots, which in turn helps growth. It also has a soothing effect which induces sleep, prevents hair loss, head ache and pre mature graying.
- For shiny hair rinse with lime and tea decoction.
- Avoid excessive shampooing. This strips off the proteins present, causing severe damage which is reflected in the form of dry, dull and brittle hair.
- Do not use blow dryers and curling tools in summer, as they can aggravate the damage that is caused by high temperature and humidity already present in the atmosphere.
- Avoid chemical treatments that may pressurise your hair such as perming, bleaching, colouring, tinting, etc. But if you must, ensure that you have a coconut oil hair bath, prior to the chemical treatment.
- Hair Myths -Helmets do not cause loss of hair and shaving the head does not improve hair growth.
- Trim hair every 6 to 8 weeks to avoid split ends.Eye Care
- A diet rich in vitamin A is good for the eyes. E.g. Carrots, Apples, etc.
- Eat green leafy vegetables to reduce dark circles under the eye.
- Cucumber juice applied over the eyes and under eye areas helps in relaxing tired and puffy eyes.
- To lighten dark circles, apply the juice of mint leaves mixed with almond oil and honey under the eyes before bed time every day.
- To lighten shadows under the eyes, rub ice cubes wrapped in a cloth of muslin gently over the effected area.
- Cold tea bags or cotton wool soaked in cold tea, also make good eye compressesNail Care
- Lack of Vitamin B & C makes the nails hard and brittle and cause them to crack.
- To get rid of cracks in nails, apply glycerin at bedtime, rubbing it in generously. Leave it on your hands. Itsoothes your nails and repairs cracks.
- Sometimes soft nails or thin nails crack easily. To harden them, soak them in olive oil for 15 minutes.
- To whiten nails clean the nails with a swab of cotton wool immersed in hydrogen peroxide.
- You can clean discolored nails by soaking them in a solution of lemon juice and warm water, After few minutes, scrub them with white vinegar by using a nail brush.
- For swollen cuticles, soak your hands in warm water for five minutes. Make a paste of turmeric powder and sandalwood powder. Apply this paste and leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse.
- Soak daily in warm almond oil or olive oil for 5-7 minutes, preferably before bedtime to strengthen nails.
Disclaimer: The Beauty Tips / Information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Tips And Treats . com and/or its partners.
© Tips And Treats. An Information Based Website (2005-2018)