Tips And Treats
Party Hosting Tips
Safety is one of the most challenging chores of people Hosting a Party for their friends and relatives. There are numerous things that have to be considered and taken care of to avoid any mishaps.
The most important part of any party is the Host and the party host needs to be well versed with hosting a Party to make it a success.
Last Updated - 20th September 2005
How to be a Perfect Host or Hostess
- Have plenty of non-alcoholic drinks available.
- Don't encourage or force guests to drink alcohol.
- Provide plenty of food so guests won't drink on an empty stomach.
- Remember to designate before you celebrate. Arrange a designated driver for those who are drinking alcohol.
- Never serve alcohol to people under 21.
- If preparing an alcoholic punch, use a non-carbonated base such as fruit juice. Alcohol is absorbed into the blood stream faster when it has a carbonated base.
- Close your bar 90 minutes before your party is over and serve a great dessert treat and coffee, tea or soft drinks.
- Be honest. When inviting guests who are known to drink to excess, tell them that drinking and driving is unacceptable at your party. Get their agreement to find alternate modes of transportation.
- Activities and entertainment should be scheduled to keep the focus on celebrating a special occasion not drinking. Singing along with musical accompaniment, party games and board games for all ages are socially acceptable and fun!
- Companies holding office parties should consider arranging for discounted or complimentary rooms when a party is held at a hotel so employees won't drive home impaired.
- If you are planning a holiday party, be wise and plan alternative non-alcoholic beverage choices. There's a good chance that many of your guests will not want to consume alcohol.
If some of your guests have had too much to drink:
- Drive them home
- Arrange a ride with another guest who is sober
- Call a taxi, or Ask them to stay.
Disclaimer: The Party Hosting Tips / Information presented and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Tips And Treats . com and/or its partners.
© Tips And Treats. An Information Based Website (2005-2017)